Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cake Batter Blondies

I am writing this post as I sit and wait for my flight to D.C. I am off on a little mini vacation this week to visit a good friend. And it couldn't come at a better time as Boston is about to get more snow! Where is everyone going to park?! Of course D.C. is going to get lots of rain while I am there, but I will take that any day over snow. Anyway on to the recipe! I found this recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction website. These cake batter blondies were very easy, especially if you use a cake mix. Of course I decided to make things more difficult and make cake mix from scratch. I got the recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. Check her site out! It is fantastic! So whether you go the 100% homemade way or the Sandra Lee way (aka semi- homemade) no one will mind. They will if you decide not to make these.

Cake Batter Blondies
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 -1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.  Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
*The blondies will look like they are not fully done because the center will be quite gooey, but that’s what you want! After about 30 minutes of cooling, they will be easy to cut using a serrated knife.
* If you do make your own cake mix, I used 3 cups of my homemade yellow cake mix. I have read some people have used a little more- 3 1/2 cups up to 4. I would gauge your mix by the dryness. Start with 3 cups...you can always add more!

2 comments:

  1. They look amazing!! :) I'm so glad you made them! Hope you had a great trip to DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,

    thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! The trip was great! So were the blondies!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete