Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies (gluten free too!)

Happy vacation week to all you teachers out there! I hope you are all doing something fun and relaxing this week. I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely needed a nice long break.  It will be just long enough to restore a piece of my sanity.  You know what else restores sanity? Enjoying a nice glass of wine while watching the Bachelor (anyone else upset that Des got sent home?!)

You know what else restores sanity? Cookies. Even better..cookies with nutella. Aw now I have your attention I bet!

These cookes I found via pinterest. I was looking for recipes that were sans flour. I have been trying this past week to go gluten free. Let's just say my tummy so far thanks me. If I continue down this gluten free road, it might make baking a tad more challenging. Not impossible- just a little more challenging. The weird part is... I am kind of excited for this challenge. What can I think of to bake that doesn't have flour? Can I make a recipe better somehow by not adding flour and finding delicious alternatives? What new ingredients can I try? Almond flour... coconut flour, hmm...an excuse to go to the grocery store, too. 

I think my first time in the kitchen baking a gluten friendly treat proved very successful. I debated making this version or these thumbprint cookies. I am definitely at some point going to try and make those. I decided in the end I wanted an fast, easy cookie to make.  These crunchy babies are ridiculously easy to make. You need one bowl and you don't even need to break out your mixer. (which is good because I broke mine the other day making homemade cadbury creme eggs) Oops.  Don't worry I promise I'll post that recipe soon!  My only suggestion if I was to make these again, add more Nutella. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Oh and do yourself a favor. Scoop now. Freeze later. And next week when the Bachelor is on...pull a couple out of the freezer. Get that bottle of wine out. And get a piece of your sanity back. You're welcome.

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies (gluten-free)
**Originally from Dinnersdishesanddesserts.com

Print this recipe!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • ⅓ cup Nutella
  • ¼ cup sugar, for dipping
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the Nutella. Stir until everything is well combined. Add the Nutella, and stir gently. You want to incorporate it into the dough, but leave a definite swirl. Scoop 1 inch balls of dough, and place on a cookie sheet. Dip fa for in the sugar, and gently press down on the balls of dough to create the cross marks. Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment