originally from Cookin' Canuck
makes approximately 50 3/4-inch pieces
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 8 oz. high-quality bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp (approximately) sea salt
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, spread the top smooth with a spatula, and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate until the fudge is firm, at least 2 hours.
- Run a knife under hot water, dry it off, and run it around the edges of the pan to loosen the fudge. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the fudge out. Peel off the parchment paper. Cut the fudge into 3/4-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil.
***Basic fudge recipe from Giada de Laurentiis