Thursday, April 12, 2012

Broiled Tilapia with Mustard-chive sauce

This recipe has it all.
Delicious? Check.

Quick? Check.

Affordable? Check, check, check.

Oh and its friendly on your waistline!  I love eating fish as much as possible. I do get a little bored though with tilapia and am always trying to mix things up a bit. Tilapia is always so affordable, so I try to keep it in rotation as much as possible.  I saw this recipe on Food Network and it is one of the recipe in Giada's new cookbook, Weeknights with Giada. I haven't purchased a copy yet, but I have a feeling it will find its way into my amazon shopping cart soon.  I adore Giada and love her take on healthy, quick, italian dishes. And this dish did not disappoint. When the sauce (which takes about 5 minutes to throw together) hits the fish (which took no more than 8 minutes it self) it is a delicious union.

No offense Rachael. But 30 minutes? This dish was ready in about ten. You gotta love that. I added a quick side dish of cous cous cooked in vegetable broth for a little more flavor and I added some frozen peas (you know so I felt that I had some of that green stuff on my plate).


Ingredients

Fish:

  • Vegetable oil cooking spray
  • 4 (5 to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Sauce:

  • 1/4 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

For the fish: Preheat a broiler. Spray a small baking sheet or glass baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Drizzle the tilapia fillets on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and broil until cooked through and the flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
For the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, agave nectar, and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the tilapia to a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment